Today on Caspar’s Blog we are going to be making home made beans and them putting them in a toasty with my vegan smokey bacon. What is not to love? I am really excited about this one.
4 rashers of Vegan Smokey Bacon
For the Beans:
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp of tomato purée
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 400g of tinned cannellini beans, drained (240g when drained)
- 100g of passata
- black pepper
- First lets make the beans; Heat the oil in a saucepan, and add the onion and garlic. Cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add the tomato purée, paprika, thyme, brown sugar and soy sauce, and cook for a couple more minutes
- Add the beans and passata, and simmer for at least 5 minutes, until the mixture is piping hot and the sauce has thickened a little
- Now take a 2 slices of bread and cover the bottom of the slice with bacon rashers next spoon some beans in the middle.
- Put in your sandwich maker and cook untill brown.