This beautiful creamy Italian pasta is so rich and pairs perfectly with a glass of dry white wine.
25g unsalted butter, chopped
1 tbsp oil
2 echalottes , finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
200g mushrooms, chopped
150ml white wine
150ml double cream
300g, cooked according to packet instructions
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter with the oil in a frying pan and fry the echalottes and garlic until soft.
- Add the mushroom and cook until soft. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the white wine and cook until the volume of liquid has reduced by half.
- Add the cream and simmer for 5 minutes, check the seasoning again.
- Toss the pasta through the sauce, then serve in a warm bowl.